Education is vital to the building and maintaining of a career in both the civilian and military sectors. For many working adults and soldiers, this education has to have a degree of flexibility.
UMass Global (University of Massachusetts Global) is one such educational experience designed to help individuals who have busy schedules also continue their education.
“Our programs and classes are designed with the flexibility to allow any type of working adult to attend school and complete a degree,” said Emory Lunsford, the Senior Account Manager and Air Force veteran.
UMass Global represents the combining of efforts between the former Brandman University and the University of Massachusetts. On Sept. 1, 2021 the merger became official.
“We (Brandman) have a record of successfully helping working students, and would like to be of service to students around the nation. Our goals are aligned, so an affiliation made a lot of sense to both institutions,” explained Lunsford.
“The University of Massachusetts was looking for an on-line partner that could help working adults in their home state, and throughout the country, earn degrees. We now have campuses affiliated with four military bases in Washington and two in California.”
One of those campuses is located at McChord Field; a second is located on Joint Base Lewis-McChord Main.
Built on a tradition of providing educational opportunities to military members and their families since 1958, UMass Global offers the following:
- Active duty, Guard and Reserve members and their families receive tuition breaks
- UMass Global offers three different learning modalities: Programs may be available in traditional on-line formats; they may be a blend of on-campus and on-line activities; or they may be offered through UMass Global MyPath, a self-paced competency-based format.
- Students can select from over 90 degree-granting programs, as well as from more than 90 certificate and certification programs.
- Senior military members can earn a Master’s degree in Organizational Leadership by successfully completing seven classes.
- UMass Global also offers an Associate’s degree in General Studies for students needing an on-line option.
“As you can see, our programs and classes are designed with the flexibility for allow working adults to take classes and complete a degree,” concluded Lunsford.
“What’s more, we work well with all local community colleges and their transfer centers to help students earn their associate degree or continue their education at UMass Global.”
For more information regarding UMass Global, the GI Bill, tuition, financial aid and military transfer of credits, call 800-746-0082.