Your daily update and the impacts of COVID-19. Here is your April 16 update (based on various military releases)
AD: Depressed. No pre-approvals for Tricare – essential medical treatment for depression and anxiety – Try TMS – a TRICARE approved no-meds approach to depression, anxiety and PTSD. See Mission Valley TMS HERE
>> Naval Base Coronado Community Recreation has assembled DIY Crafts ready for Curb Side pick up….fun for the whole family. Curb side pick up dates will be: Saturday, April 25th from 10am-1pm or Monday, April 27th from 3-6pm. Registration found below:
>> Click to Go ordering at Commissary for curbside pickup is growing at bases – see story here: https://www.commissaries.com/shopping/click-2-go
>> The Exchange partnered with Vanguard to create a free, limited-edition collectible iron-on patch celebrating military children who make Warfighters’ mission and focus possible. http://publicaffairs-sme.com/ExchangePost/2020/04/14/military-families-can-reserve-month-of-the-military-child-brat-patches-online-with-the-exchange/
>> The Navy is upping the ante on bonuses. Story here: https://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=112656
>> View COVID-19 Test Results on TRICARE Online
Patients who have received a COVID-19 test may now view their results through TRICARE Online (TOL). The result will be posted as soon as it is certified. To see your results, please login in to https://www.tricareonline.com, click on the Health Record button, and then click on Laboratory Results. Rest assured, a nurse or provider will call you within 1-2 days to discuss your results.
>> The NMCSD Resilience Support Team wants you to know We’ve Got You Covered! So visit the REST website at: https://go.usa.gov/xvB6t.
>> To ensure DoD ID card offices are postured to maintain continuity of operations, and to minimize the number of non-essential required visits at DoD ID card offices, the following guidance is in effect through September 30, 2020:
Common Access Cards (CAC)
- CAC transactions shall be limited to initial issuance or reissuance of an expiring CAC within 30 days of expiration; CACs shall not be reissued due to printed information changes (e.g., promotions, name changes).
- The policy memorandum allowing transferring DoD civilian employees to retain their CAC will be reissued.
Uniformed Services ID Cards (USID)
- If a cardholder’s affiliation is unchanged, USID cards which expired on or after January 1, 2020, are authorized for continued benefit use through September 30, 2020.
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the DoD or termination of benefit eligibility shall be verified electronically prior to confiscating an expired USID card with an expiration date on or after January 1, 2020.
- Remote USID card renewals and reissuance shall be expanded.
- Remote family member enrollment/eligibility updates are authorized.
- Remote USID card initial issuance for first-time issuance or replacement of lost/stolen ID card is authorized.
- All remotely-issued USID cards shall be issued with an expiration date not to exceed one year from the date of issuance.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits is authorized for mobilized Reservists and their eligible dependents.
>> In honor of Month of the Military Child, the Navy Gold Star Program brings you a Children’s Virtual Art Show! This event is open to children ages 3-16. Using any art medium, create “Something that makes you happy.” Take a photo of your creation ONLY, and text your submission to 901-671-5597 between April 15th and May 15th to be entered into the competition. That’s it! The winner will be chosen via a Facebook vote. The winner will be featured in the Navy Gold Star Newsletter circulated worldwide and will receive a special Navy Gold Star SWAG BAG.
>> Your child’s school based Military & Family Life Counselor (MFLC) can help you stay strong through life’s challenges, including those due to COVID-19 pandemic! School based MFLCs are offering telephonic and video sessions. Please contact your MFLC for support. Visit https://www.navylifesw.com/at-home/counseling to download the contact sheet today!
Previous updates …
>> MCCS on Miramar is hiring sales associates – go here: mccsmiramar.com/join-the-team
>> No PCSing by May 11. While a date is not set, it will not be currently as scheduled. See the story here: https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/14/secdef-announces-plans-extend-force-wide-travel-restrictions.html
>> Pharmacy udate: When your provider electronically orders you a new prescription from Naval Medical Center San Diego, please call (619) 532-8400 Option #2, to activate your prescription request during normal working hours: 0800 – 1900 (Mon-Fri) and 0800 – 1800. (Sat-Sun). Due to current events, we may be experiencing higher than normal call volumes. We appreciate your patience. Your medication will be ready for pick-up at the following time(s):
– Patients who call their prescriptions in BEFORE 1200 can pick up their medications
after 1400 the same day.
– Patients who call their prescriptions in AFTER 1200 can pick up their medications the
next business day after 0900.
– Your prescriptions will remain on hold for you for 3 business days.
Your medications will be ready for you at your choice of military pharmacy pick-up location.