Your daily update and the impacts of COVID-19. Here is your April 1 update (based on various military releases)
AD: Depressed. No pre-approvals for Tricare – essential medical treatment for depression and anxiety – Try TMS – a TRICARE approved no-meds approach to depression, anxiety and PTSD. See Mission Valley TMS HERE
>> This year’s Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Mud Run has been canceled.
>> The Barbershops on Camp Pendleton have modified their patron policy to accept Active Duty personnel only.
Patrons awaiting services are asked to please wait outside the facility. This is in an effort to maintain social distancing practices in light of current events. For adjusted hours and locations, visit:
>> The Roosevelt continues to be in the news as the commander sounded a health alarm. See this STORY: https://www.defensenews.com/news/coronavirus/2020/04/01/pacific-fleet-commander-outlines-plans-for-containing-outbreak-on-carrier-roosevelt/ and this STORY: https://www.stripes.com/news/navy/captain-of-uss-theodore-roosevelt-requests-nearly-4-000-sailors-be-isolated-as-coronavirus-spreads-1.624395
For pregnancy specific information from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/…/need-ext…/pregnancy-breastfeeding.html
Previous updates …
>> Drive thru COVID 19 testing in San Diego is now available. It is available by appointment for operational commands – no retirees or dependents at this time. Info here: https://www.facebook.com/NMCSD/photos/a.145840175488699/3668940963178585/?type=3&theater
>> Counseling is available for those who would like someone to talk to. Please call any of these phone numbers for support.
NAS North Island: 619-545-8213
Military OneSource: 800-342-9647
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
>> All NEX Embroidery Tailor shops, Laundry and Dry Cleaning locations are directed to close Saturday afternoon and these closures include all locations worldwide. Exceptions to embroidery and tailoring, where locations will remain open include the tailor shops at Recruit Training Command, Officer Training Command and NEXCOM’s Pensacola e-commerce tailoring and embroidery operation.
>> Medical & Dental updates in San Diego: NMCSD NURSE ADVICE LINE: 619-532-5358 Option 1: Information Option 2: Virtual appointments (M – F 730am – 4pm)
DENTAL: Remains OPEN during regular hours 0700-1515 for emergencies and annual dental exams.
– All other appointments will be rescheduled until further notice.
– Mobile Dental Vans will not be used during this period and all patients will be redirected to the branch dental clinic for their exams.
– Remains open during regular hours 0600-1530.
– In an attempt to ensure the safety of patients and staff during this period, the following services will be provided by phone and the Internet:
– Pre-scheduled appointments will be done by phone. Clinic staff will contact patients using their phone number on file.
– PHA’s will be completed by phone. Do not walk into the clinic. Instead, complete the online portion https://data.nmcphc.med.navy.mil and call 619-556–8103.
– For all routine care including, shave chits, fit for full duty, or renewal of light-duty chits, please use TRICARE online at https://tricareonline.comsecure messaging to communicate with the clinic.
– Utilize the TRICARE nurse advice line to speak to a nurse about symptoms. Call 1-800-TRICARE and select option 1.” If the line is busy please try chatting with a nurse at www.mhsnurseadviceline.com/home
>> The MCX on Pendleton is offering extended shopping hours for select Patrons. The early shopping initiative for EFMP and Senior Shoppers will implement beginning Mar 31, 7 am to 8 am and continue weekly until noted.
>> Pendleton Commissary: In order to provide all patrons an opportunity to shop at the start of the day (after evening restocking), while providing better social distancing for at-risk individuals, the following exclusive shopping hours will go into effect starting Monday, March 30 with exclusive access to designated patrons during the first hour that Camp Pendleton Commissaries are open from 9 am to 10 am. Monday: Active duty in uniform. Tuesday EFMP families. Wednesday Military Retirees. Thursday Seniors age 60 or older. Fridays Active duty in uniform.