Your daily update and the impacts of COVID-19. Here is your April 16 update (based on various military releases)
AD: Become a teacher online in 9 months using your GI Bill with Teach Now HERE: https://swarner.lpages.co/teach-now/
>> Click to Go ordering at Commissary for curbside pickup is growing at bases – see story here: https://www.commissaries.com/shopping/click-2-go
>> The 37th TRW hosted a “How To: Home School” for the families transitioning to non-traditional education methods during social distancing in response to #COVID19 Don’t worry, if you did miss it, they have the full event on the 37th Training Wing Facebook and Youtube page! For more info, click here: https://go.usa.gov/xvksf
>> Patients can now book virtual appointments on TRICARE Online
Patients are now able to schedule telephonic virtual appointments through TRICARE Online (TOL). To schedule a virtual appointment, simply log into the TOL website and select the Appointments button. Once on the Make Appointment page, select a Virtual (Telephonic) Visit within or beyond the next 24 hours based on your needs.
Please remember these are virtual visits conducted over the phone. A member of your provider team will call you at the phone number you provide to conduct your virtual visit. During this time, we are doing our best to accommodate the needs of all of our patients in a timely fashion. Our staff will make every effort to call you at or before your scheduled appointment time; however, we ask for your patience and understanding if they are unavoidably delayed while caring for other patients.
Please keep in mind virtual appointments are not for emergent medical needs, wellness examinations or any visit which requires a hands-on physical examination. Virtual appointments can be used for healthcare needs such as medication refill requests, lab and radiology results, cold and allergy symptoms, urinary tract infections and routine follow-up appointments in which a physical exam isn’t required. If in doubt as to whether your medical need should be addressed through a virtual appointment or not, please call your clinic. For your safety and the safety of our healthcare staff, do not come into the clinic without calling first.
Beneficiaries also can call the San Antonio Military Health System COVID-19 Nurse Info Line at 210-581-2266, Option 6, to book a CAMO appointment or for home-care instructions. The advice line is available Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. After hours, please call the MHS Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), option 1. If you are experiencing a medical emergency please call 911, or go to the nearest Emergency Department.
>> View COVID-19 Test Results on TRICARE Online
Patients who have received a COVID-19 test may now view their results through TRICARE Online (TOL). The result will be posted as soon as it is certified. To see your results, please login in to https://www.tricareonline.com, click on the Health Record button, and then click on Laboratory Results. Rest assured, a nurse or provider will call you within 1-2 days to discuss your results.
No matter the result, we encourage you to self-isolate if you are ill and wait for their call, unless you have an immediate concern. If you have immediate concerns you can send a secure message, contact your clinic, or call the SAMHS Nurse Info Line at 210-581-2266, Option 6 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on weekends. As always, if you are severely ill or feel your condition is emergent, please contact 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. Please also reference the CDC website, the BAMC website, and BAMC Facebook page for more information on home isolation and when it is safe to discontinue isolation.
>> To ensure DoD ID card offices are postured to maintain continuity of operations, and to minimize the number of non-essential required visits at DoD ID card offices, the following guidance is in effect through September 30, 2020:
Common Access Cards (CAC)
- CAC transactions shall be limited to initial issuance or reissuance of an expiring CAC within 30 days of expiration; CACs shall not be reissued due to printed information changes (e.g., promotions, name changes).
- The policy memorandum allowing transferring DoD civilian employees to retain their CAC will be reissued.
Uniformed Services ID Cards (USID)
- If a cardholder’s affiliation is unchanged, USID cards which expired on or after January 1, 2020, are authorized for continued benefit use through September 30, 2020.
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the DoD or termination of benefit eligibility shall be verified electronically prior to confiscating an expired USID card with an expiration date on or after January 1, 2020.
- Remote USID card renewals and reissuance shall be expanded.
- Remote family member enrollment/eligibility updates are authorized.
- Remote USID card initial issuance for first-time issuance or replacement of lost/stolen ID card is authorized.
- All remotely-issued USID cards shall be issued with an expiration date not to exceed one year from the date of issuance.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits is authorized for mobilized Reservists and their eligible dependents.
Previous updates …
>> JBSA is hiring – jobs for Randolph, Lackland, Fort Sam Houston and Canyon Lake in clerical, life guarding, recreation aid and general labor. Search JBSA at USAjobs.gov
>> Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? San Antonio Metro Health has made testing more accessible by no longer requiring a doctor’s referral. Complete the self-screening tool at sanantonio.gov/covid19 or call 311 & select option 8. Due to volume, appointments may be scheduled several days out.
>> The Army and Air Force Exchange Service locations at #JBSA-Lackland and JBSA-Randolph now offer Curbside Pick Up at the main store locations. Learn how to participate here: https://go.usa.gov/xvBuP
>> In response to #COVID19, the Vogel Resiliency Center‘s Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC) can now offer video teleconferencing services to help service members, spouses, children and staff. Call 210-672-0529